9.45 Tilston St Mary's
11.15 Shocklach St Edith's
CHECK CHURCH ROTAS FOR VARIATIONS AND SPECIAL SERVICES
Rev Jane Stephenson at St Mary's Church, Tilston
1. THEN FELL A STILLNESS... Words and music reflecting the impact of the First World War on the lives of people in and around Tilston. 7.00pm on Friday 5 October at St Mary's Church.
Contributions from local bands, choirs and individuals. Tickets £5.00 (under 14s free) from Liz Jones (01948 860079) or Tilston Shop.
2. ST. EDITH'S HARVEST FESTIVAL on 7 October. Holy Communion with the Bishop of Chester at 11.15am. Evening Service and Supper at 6.30pm - tickets from Bobbin (01829 250327) or Olive (01829 250504).
3. ST. MARY'S HARVEST FESTIVAL on 14 October. Morning Service at 8.00am. Evening Service (with Band and Choirs) at 5.30pm followed by refreshments.
4. ST MARY'S SALE TABLE. Every third Sunday produce and other small items will be on sale after the service at St Mary's. No fixed price - donate what you feel is right. Contributions for the sale may be left with Viv Black at Woodcroft, Church Road. Next sale on 21 October.
5. FIRST WORLD WAR CENTENARY. Remembrance Day 11 November. Parade from Tilston Hall at 9.30am with Service at 10.00am. Shocklach Service at 10.50am.
Various events are planned this year to commemorate the ending of the Great War 100 years ago. St Mary's bells will be rung half-muffled before the Remembrance Service on 11 November. At 7.05pm they will be rung open as part of the 'Battle's Over - a Nation's Tribute' project. (Click 'Bell Ringers' to see how to learn to ring in the 'Ringing Remembers' initiative.) Please take photos of poppies in your garden and around the village and let us have them for displays. Family memories, photos and other memorabilia would also be welcome. Please contact Chris at the Reporter.