9.45 Tilston St Mary's
11.15 Shocklach St Edith's
CHECK CHURCH ROTAS FOR VARIATIONS AND SPECIAL SERVICES
Rev Jane Stephenson at St Mary's Church, Tilston
1. Thanks to everyone who helped to make Rushbearing at St Edith's and St Mary's so successful. The floral decorations were beautiful and Clive Morris managed to make both churchyards look wonderful, despite the weather. We had two very moving remembrance services.
. BELL RINGING FOR HERITAGE OPEN DAY. On Saturday 8 September, from 10.00am to 4.00pm, you can learn about St Mary's bell tower and bells, amongst the most tuneful in Cheshire. As well as hearing bell ringing demonstrations, visitors will be able to climb the spiral staircase to see the bells and how they work. (Click 'Bell Ringers' for information about the bells and how to learn the basics of bell ringing.)
3. VISIT ST EDITH'S ON HERITAGE OPEN DAY. St Edith's, a special and peaceful place, will be open on Saturday 8 September from 10.00am to 5.00pm.
4. SHOCKLACH v TILSTON ANNUAL CRICKET MATCH. 1.30pm on Sunday 9 September at Tilston Playing Field. Want to play? Contact Jerry Mobbs (01829 271005).
5. THEN FELL A STILLNESS... Words and music reflecting the impact of the First World War on the lives of people in and around Tilston. 7.00pm on Friday 5 October at St Mary's Church.
Contributions from local bands, choirs and individuals. Tickets £5.00 (under 14s free) from Liz Jones (01948 860079) or Tilston Shop.
6. ST. EDITH'S HARVEST FESTIVAL on 7 October. Holy Communion with the Bishop of Chester at 11.15am. Evening Service and Supper at 6.30pm - tickets from Bobbin (01829 250327) or Olive (01829 250504).
7. ST. MARY'S HARVEST FESTIVAL on 14 October. Morning Service at 8.00am. Evening Service (with Band and Choirs) at 5.30pm followed by refreshments.
8. FIRST WORLD WAR CENTENARY
Various events are planned this year to commemorate the ending of the Great War 100 years ago. St Mary's bells will be rung half-muffled before the Remembrance Service on 11 November. At 7.05pm they will be rung open as part of the 'Battle's Over - a Nation's Tribute' project. (Click 'Bell Ringers' to see how to learn to ring in the 'Ringing Remembers' initiative.) Please take photos of poppies in your garden and around the village and let us have them for displays. Family memories, photos and other memorabilia would also be welcome. Please contact Chris at the Reporter.