9.45 Tilston St Mary's
11.15 Shocklach St Edith's
CHECK CHURCH ROTAS FOR VARIATIONS AND SPECIAL SERVICES
Rev Jane Stephenson at St Mary's Church, Tilston
1. FIRST WORLD WAR CENTENARY special events Monday 5 to Sunday 11 November.
2. Silhouettes of families and soldiers at the School, Playing Field and around the village.
3. Images projected onto St Mary's Tower (Thursday to Sunday) in 15 minute sessions from 6.30 to 8.30pm (ends 7.20pm on the Friday because of the concert). An enhanced return of the powerful tribute to local people first shown in November 2014.
4. 'Remembering Britain' music workshop by the Key Strings Group at Tilston School from 1.00pm on Friday 9 November. Also exhbition of the children's Great War art work. All invited but contact Mrs Farmer on 01829 250204 to ensure enough cakes.
5. 'Songs of Remembrance' concert in St Mary's at 7.30pm on Friday 9 November. With Lorna Kettle and friends. Tickets £8.00 on the door, from the Shop or ring 07939 648426.
6. Remembrance Day 11 November. Parade from Tilston Hall at 9.30am with Service at 10.00am. Shocklach Service at 10.50am. Collections in aid of the Royal British Legion.
7. Lunch of soup and rolls with Exhibition (Great War memories and poppy pictures) at Tilston Memorial Hall after the service on Remembrance Day.
8. St Mary's bells will be rung half-muffled before the Remembrance Service on 11 November. At 12.45pm, there will be a full and open ring, joining towers across the country to commemorate the 1918 Armistice. At 7.05pm the bells will be rung to coincide with the lighting of a national chain of beacons. (Click 'Bell Ringers' to see how to learn to ring in this 'Ringing Remembers' initiative.)