A VARIETY OF MUSIC AT ST EDITH'S AND ST MARY'S
Music enriches our worship in many ways and we try to fit the music, whether formal or informal, to the different styles of service.
A number of groups and individuals play and sing for us:
- Liz Jones, our organist, plays most weeks at St Mary's, Tilston and sometimes at St Edith's, Shocklach. If available, she is prepared to play for weddings and funerals.
- Victoria Williams plays the organ for Evensong at St Mary's.
- The Anthem Choir at St Mary's sings at some services and special occasions, led by Lorna Kettle and accompanied by Liz Jones.
- The Church Choir is led by Su Tedham, assisted by Penny Hearn.
- The Tilston Church Band, conducted by Dave Armitage and accompanied by Liz Jones, comes together for special occasions.
- St Mary's Praise Group provides rhythmic accompaniment to All-Age Family Services on the first Sunday in each month.
- The two School Choirs join us for special services.
- The Churches host Taize and other formal sung services.
- Concerts are sometimes held in the Churches.
If you would like to join one of our groups, contact Su Tedham on 01829 250336